On this page we would like to provide you with more information regarding the virtual platform which was used for the Virtual Conference ESTSS 2021 on June 17th + June 18th.
It is important that you use a browser (with the latest version installed) that is in the supported list below. Unfortunately, you will not be able to view the event with any other browser. If you do not have one of the supported browsers, you can download one by clicking 'download' below. This is also required when you wish to attend the conference via a tablet or mobile phone. Preferably use a wired connection instead of a Wi-Fi connection and do not use a VPN connection for optimal use.
Log in/sign in
Upon your first time logging into the platform you can sign in by clicking 'sign in' at the top right of the page. You will be re-directed to a page where you can fill in your personal details and allow other attendees to see you in the 'Attendee List' as well as turn on the option for others to chat with you. If you are already logged in, your name and picture (if added) will appear on the top right of the page.
On the homepage of the platform you will find several buttons which will automatically redirect you to the corresponding page within the platform. By clicking the three stripes on the left of the page (besides 'Home') you will open up the menu.
In the menu you will find several tabs. Please find below a short description of all tabs.
- Home: the home page, as shown above.
- Programme: the conference programme. This will be further explained below.
- Abstract book: an abstract book including all accepted abstracts.
- Speakers: the list of speakers. Important: if you would like to connect with the speakers please look them up in the attendee list. This page is for information on the speakers only.
- Posters: the virtual poster wall. Here you can view all the accepted posters.
- Attendee List: if people have agreed to be shown in the attendee list, you will find them here. By clicking on a name, you will have the opportunity to connect with them, or have a conversation via chat. This will be further explained below.
- Social Wall: the internal social wall. Here you can post messages and view messages others posted. It is also possible to like messages and leave a comment.
- Evaluation form: this form can be filled in to provide us with your feedback.
- Certificate of attendance: here you can find more information on downloading your certificate of attendance.
- Sponsors & Partners: a list of sponsors & partners.
- General Information: general information on the Virtual Platform can be found here.
- FAQ: all frequently asked questions (and answers) can be found here.
- Search: can be used to search for (part of) the name of a session, person, topic, or anything else in the programme. If you would like to search for attendees, please visit 'Attendee List' in the menu.
- Contact us: the different ways of contacting our helpdesk.
- Committees: an overview of the different committees that organised the conference.
After clicking on 'Programme' the programme of the conference will open. In here you can see all sessions that took place during the conference. You can also click the blue button on the top right and select 'My programme' to only see the sessions you have marked as favourite.
After clicking on one of the programme items a small screen on the right will open up. In here you can find details on the session, such as chairs, speakers and a short summary of the session. To rewatch the session you click on 'View Recordings'. If no recordings have been made for a session, this option will not be available.
We also offer you the option to join one of our digital bars to connect with others! They can be found on the bottom of the programme.
Please note: the maximum capacity of a bar is 8 attendees and you will be re-directed to a page outside of the Virtual Platform.
After clicking on one of the attendees in the 'Attendees list' this screen wil openup on the right. If an attendee has filled in their details and provided a picture, this will be visible here. You can also connect with people by clicking 'Connect' or start a chat.
On this page you will find the several contact options. Should you have any questions please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org
content on demand
The virtual platform is closed now. Thanks to everyone who contributed to such a rich and inspiring live and on-demand content.